Maidstone Motor Group was originally founded as Winsor Car Sales in 1956 by Frank Bourgein, father of the current directors, Alan Bourgein and Barbara Bingham. Back then they sold used cars and offered “Self Drive Hire” (as car rental was known). With a total workforce of just two Frank was able to build a successful business, taking on the Vauxhall Franchise to sell new cars and Bedford Vans in 1967.
Alan joined the family business after leaving school, by then Barbara was already a Director. While Barbara and her late husband Geoff continued to run the company, Alan decided on a change of direction, mainly to prove his ability in the world outside of the family business. After a very successful spell with local decorative concrete company, building the business up to a national level, Alan decided to re-join the family business to help it through the turbulent times with the Vauxhall Dealer Network.
The upheaval of these times made Alan and Barbara decide to part company with Vauxhall and take on the highly successful Kia Franchise on 1st January 2000, changing the company trading name to Maidstone Kia.
The Company has gone from strength to strength and when they heard that the local Suzuki franchise was closing down, they saw a fantastic opportunity to bring a well-recognised and highly respected brand on board. They became an authorised Suzuki Dealer on the 1st November 2013, and changed the name to reflect this to become Maidstone Motor Group.
Alan and Barbara see a very bright future for Maidstone Motor Group and plan to be the natural choice for local customers who want a professional, friendly and excellent value solution to their motoring needs.